I always had this craving for lip creams ever since I came to know that such a thing existed ! I had the choice to pick from Bourjois and Faces. When it came to availability Bourjois was better than that of Faces which made me buy this Lip Cream.
The lip cream is as creamy as it can be and it easily glides on your lips [however bad it might be :P - yes, even when my lips are really dry this glides on smoothly] I am a person who doesn't like matte lipsticks much but this one really changed me. On applying the lip cream it gives a good matte finish and the pigmentation is so good that even if you have pigmented lips like mine, you can just close your eyes and buy this one. The shade I have got is 56 Prune Sophistique. Though the shade [swatch below] looks like a good rose color it is more maroonish when applied.
The packaging is so unique that I have not seen this kind of packaging before and it makes me drool even more :D The applicator does a good job as well.
- I like it for 2 simple reasons - it is Bourjois and it is a lip cream :P
- It is very creamy. [Yummy]
- It does not dry my lips [neither moisturizes as they claim]!!!
- Packaging is so lovable ♥ ♥
- Availability is not an issue.
- Gives a neat clump-free finish.
- It stays for 3-4 hrs with all drinks and meal. Though they claim 8 hrs of moisture - might be they meant without any food/drinks but that is difficult :(
- Has 3 years of shelf life !!
- Availability of the shades are very less here in Chennai. They had just 2-3 shades.
- It is better to try it on your lips than just swatching it before buying, as the shade looks different.
- It smells like a cough syrup [ yuk :( ] and tastes like a cough syrup [sweet] too :(
- You don't know how much product is left out :( The very first time I used it I thought it is almost over and that is how it looks every time I use it :D
The price of Bourjois So Delicate Lip Cream is Rs.600 for 6 ml. Heard it was sold for Rs.575 before.
In spite of all the cons I really love the lip cream and this is my first step towards trying the matte lip sticks. Though the price is a little high, c'mon once in a while you can pamper yourself with such a cute product. I wish we get more color choice here :(
Rating - ♥♥♥♥
♥ Aarthi ♥