Deepika told me that there is make up training session going on at INGLOT and we both were super enthu about it. Unfortunately we both couldn't go at the same time as we got our appointments on two different days. Mine came first and the same day we had planned to meet, along with Preetha. Most of you would already know Preetha of Indian Beauty Journal and Deepika of Divassence - two(too) sweet ladies that I am glad I met them :)
Lots more to tell, so keep reading...
|Me, Pree and Deeps :)|
Let me first tell you about the makeup training.
We get to choose the MUA of our choice and I didn't have any one in my mind and I said anybody is fine. Also we can ask for any specific look. I just wanted to learn the basics along with face contouring and a light smokey eyes for the day. The MUA does one half of our face and we have to replicate the look on the other half. She started with a moisturizer, primer, liquid foundation, light concealer for my dark circles, pressed powder and then the eye makeup. Last was the blush application and contouring. She did a good job is what I felt initially !!
Now it was time for me to fill the other half of my face (left side) and she suggested me to start with the eye makeup so that it will be easy to wipe off the fall out, if any. So we both completely forgot about the primer,foundation and pressed powder that I started doing my cheeks right after the eye make up !!! Then I had to apply some loose powder to cover up the entire thing ;)
Good About the Training
- Learnt contouring and light smokey eyes easily. Yay !! I was super glad.
- Though I knew almost everything else, I did learn all the small nuances in application of make up.
- I assured myself that what I was doing all these days were right !! lol :D
- The MUA was very friendly and supportive.
Not So Good Things
- As time passed, like after 30 mins I looked so dark as it was oxidized [I never faced this problem before with my MAC foundation, so I guess it is not because of my oily skin - well my skin is not oily actually but because of the wrong foundation chosen]and hope you can see that in the pics.
- Wish the MUA reminded me about the primer, foundation and pressed powder, though my face didn't show the difference obviously.
- Deeps felt the contouring was too dark and bad as well. My eye brows looked so artificial after filling.
Once I was done with this I joined Pree and Deeps for a lil shopping. They both were waiting for me patiently. Deeps was a blush and Lush expert. And Pree knew almost all dupes of MAC eye shadows in INGLOT. See what I got HERE. It was amazing shopping with them. We did munch a little bit of sandwich with yummy coffee and I never wanted the day to end. Pree was such a soft spoken person and too sweet whereas Deeps was the bubbly one. Enjoyed their company so much. Wish we all can go out everyday :D I am taking Deeps with me for a special blush shopping [She had an amazing skin and it was glowing] and she promised to accompany me, Thank You Deeps :) Btw Pree I got the TBS Kabuki :D
Miss you guys already :(
♥ Aarthi ♥