Guerlain is another luxury brand that I was fortunate enough to try it at the stores and lucky enough to own a pretty shade from the vast collection of lip shades they had ! The main attraction for me when it comes to this particular lipstick is the truly awesome packaging that is so unique as well. I don't remember any other lipstick that comes with a mirror attached to it but this one does and it makes the job so easy. Yes, I need not worry about searching for a mirror from my huge hang bag, especially when it is over flowing !
The unique packaging makes the lipstick quite heavy and a bit bigger than the usual ones. I do not really mind as it eliminates the necessity of carrying a mirror separately. I need two full swipes to cover my pigmented lips and I need not worry about anything. My lips feels moisturized and supple through out the time it stays on my lips. The shade Grenade is one awesome shade in my collection. A rosy pink shade with micro shimmers in them. The shimmers are visible only in the tube and not much on the swatch or my lips. This shade would compliment both cooler and warmer skin tones as well. The shade would look more coral on cool skin tones and more rosy on warm skin tones. A must have shade for lipstick lovers.
- The most expensive lipstick I have :D
- Keeps my lips soft, supple and moisturized. If you have dry lips like mine you will love this one.
- The shimmers are very mild and pretty.
- Packaging is quite unique and comes with a mirror.
- The shade 'Grenade' is one flattering color on almost all skin tones.
- Covers my pigmented lips in just two swipes.
- Lasts really long on me, for a maximum of 4-5 hours !
- Creamy lipstick but at the same time does not melt easily and does not bleed too.
- If you are already carrying a world in your hand bag then this lipstick would make your bag more bulky and difficult to carry. Personally, I do not mind the heaviness as I keep my bag light weight most of the time.
- The fragrance of the lipstick is like that of plastic/artificial and a bit strong too :(
| Can you see the micro shimmers?|
The cost of Guerlain Rouge Jewel Lipstick is Rs.2875 for 3.5 g.
Trust me the color looks so much better than in my pics :( If you do not mind the price and the heaviness [I mean the packaging with the mirror] then this is a must have lipstick for its formula and a must have shade for the fact that it is so pretty and suits almost all skin tones. I totally love this shade and whenever I wear this I appreciate myself for picking up this shade which is so unique in my collection. In one way I am glad it is not available here, else I would have been bankrupt my now ;)
Rating - ♥♥♥♥.5
♥ Aarthi ♥