Hurray, there is another mall opened in Chennai and this time it is The Forum Vijaya Mall in Vadapalani :D The mall was officially opened on May 1, 2013 and ever since I heard the news I couldn't wait to visit the mall ! Yesterday was a very busy day for me. Pree was leaving Chennai and I had to meet her as the meet was postponed liked 10 times already. We were so busy and never we could fix a time that was convenient for both of us. Yesterday we some how made it. Though it was for a very short period of time we had super fun :) After that I rushed to Forum Mall in the evening. Read on to know how this new mall fancied me.
- 4th floor has food court and major portion allocated to Sathyam Cinemas 'The Palazzo'. They are still working on the theater space and the theme looks like a royal palace/ church this time. Guess it has 8 screens + 1 IMax.
- Food Court has ID, Wangs, Donut House and other small food outlets for now. EA's food court remains the biggest.
- Basement is quite similar to the one in EA but much smaller [1/4th]. Guess 'Big Bazaar' is opening there.
- Horizontally the mall looks smaller then EA and Phoenix and you can easily cover all the shops. It is definitely bigger than City Center.
- TBS, Ayesha, Soch, RMKv [yet to open], Kalaniketan [yet to open], Kay [yet to open], Max, Westside [yet to open], Parcos [fragrance] are few shops that would interest us.
- Lifestyle has opened their 4th store here that is spread across 70,000 sq ft !!!! I need another day just to cover this space.
- I couldn't spot any other cosmetic stores there :(
- Only 1/4th of the mall is open and most of the shops are still with half shutters.
- Few restaurants like ID, The pasta bar Veneto and KFC are spread on the other floors of the mall.
- You can easily spot TV stars, small / upcoming movie stars in the mall as it is right in Vadapalani and quite close to Kodambakkam. I would have seen at least a half a dozen of them !
Few Clicks for you - Sorry I forgot to take my cam and these are bad clicks from my mobile !
For now, I personally prefer EA and Phoenix for the following reasons.
- EA has MAC, INGLOT, Lush, Kapila Dasa [Food], Forest Essentials, Crabtree & Evelyn, The Body Shop and Forever New.
- Phoenix is very close to my place and best on week days. Also the Chanel SA s are very friendly there. MAC MUAs are very unfriendly though :( I would never ever enter the MAC store here. It has Cream & Fudge and ID [Restaurant and a stall in the Food Court upstairs] here :) I am waiting for Luxe to open.
Though the mall is quite far from my place, it is [kinda] close to my mom's place. Planning to visit The Forum Mall again, might be after a couple of weeks and will try to post an update if you are interested. Let's see if still EA and Phoenix remains my favorite.
♥ Aarthi ♥